Almonds are believed to be good for your health, but in what manner is the question you should be asking. So, what are the health advantages of almonds, and what would this nut do for you if you ate it every day? Here are some scientifically established Health Benefits of Almonds and their applications.
1. Almonds Lower Cholesterol: According to recent research published by the American Dietetic Association, eating almonds increases the amounts of Vitamin E in your red blood cells while also lowering your cholesterol risk. Antioxidants are created when the amounts of vitamin E in your circulation are increased, preventing your cells from being clogged with cholesterol. As a result, eating a handful of almonds every day will help you get more vitamin E into your bloodstream and reduce your chance of acquiring cholesterol.
Also check out: What are Health Benefits of Chia Seeds? Know more here
2. Almonds are Excellent for Your Heart: It is stated that eating almonds in combination with other nuts is good for your heart. According to a study published in 2014, those who ate almonds had more antioxidants in their circulation, which helped to lower blood pressure and enhance blood flow to various regions of the body. In addition, the study found that Mediterranean diets that included a lot of nuts in their meals had higher health advantages.
3. Almonds Manage Blood Sugar: Almonds are known to help regulate and maintain blood sugar levels. This is because almonds contain magnesium, and it is recommended that you eat a handful of almonds every day. Almonds, on the other hand, help persons with type 2 diabetes maintain their blood sugar levels. So, what happens when someone with diabetes eats almonds? The explanation is that due to the magnesium level in the nut, the person would acquire insulin resistance, which is beneficial for diabetics.
4. Almonds can aid with weight loss. High blood pressure can be caused by a lack of magnesium in the body. Heart attacks, strokes, and renal failure result as a result of this. Almonds contain magnesium, which aids in the successful management of blood pressure. If you don’t get enough magnesium in your diet, you should eat almonds.
5. Almonds have a High Vitamin E Content: Almonds are known to have a high Vitamin E content, which is an antioxidant that protects your cells from toxicity. Increased vitamin E levels in the circulation lower your chances of Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and heart disease. Make sure that your vitamin E consumption is controlled since too much vitamin E might cause prostate cancer. Make sure you just eat what is required and not too much. These health benefits of Almonds will help you keep your body free from any toxins.
Also Read: 10 Easy Ways to lose weight at home!
6. Almonds Help You Lose Weight: Almonds are strong in protein and fibre, and low in carbs, so they suppress your appetite and don’t leave you hungry for long. This also aids in the reduction of daily calorie consumption. When almonds can limit your hunger, it means you can regulate how much you eat, which aids in weight management.
7. Almonds are Healthy for Your Eyes: While carrots are good for your eyes, almonds include a lot of vitamin E, which protects your eyes and prevents abnormal lens changes. As a result, eating almonds protects your eyes, but don’t eat too many because it might contribute to weight gain. Always remember to eat almonds in moderation. One of the best health benefits of Almonds is that along with your brain it also keeps your eyes healthy.
8. Almonds are High in Antioxidants: Almonds are high in antioxidants, which might help protect you from stress. Stress causes molecular damage, which causes inflammation, cancer, and ageing. Almonds are high in antioxidants, which are good for your skin. Consuming 84 grams of almonds per day, on the other hand, can boost your body’s antioxidant levels, protecting you from ageing and a variety of diseases.
9. Almond Nourishes Skin: You may have noticed that almonds are a common ingredient in most skin products, and this is because this nut offers several skin advantages. A flavonoid present in almonds is comparable to that found in green tea and broccoli. This ingredient nourishes your skin while also acting as an anti-ageing agent.
10. Almonds Can Help You Prevent Cancer: Almonds include a certain amount of fibre, which aids in the detoxification of the body. Almonds aid digestion by allowing food to flow more quickly through the digestive tract. Almonds are abundant in fibre, which helps to lower the risk of colon cancer. It also contains a lot of vitamin E and flavonoids, which help to prevent breast cancer. Yes, one of the biggest health benefits of Almonds is that it can prevent cancer.
11. Almonds Boost Brain Power: Almonds include L-carnitine and riboflavin, which aid in brain cell development. Phenylalanine is a significant molecule that aids cognitive function in the brain, and almonds contain this chemical. Simply eating five almonds in the morning will help you increase your brainpower.
12. Almonds are the best food to eat if you have anaemia: When red blood cells transport insufficient oxygen to the brain, anaemia develops. As a result, almonds contain copper, iron, and vitamins that aid in the production of more haemoglobin, and hence can be utilised to avoid anaemia.
13. Almonds are Beneficial to Your Nerves: Almonds contain magnesium, which is beneficial to the neurological system. This also aids in the development of a normal metabolic rate. Magnesium also aids in the formation of healthy bone structures. This has so many advantages that even peanut butter can’t match.
14. Almonds Can Help You Get Rid of Acne and Blackheads: Because of the fatty acids included in almonds, they are said to be the finest cure for preventing and fighting acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. These fatty acids serve to manage the oil that clogs these skin pores, thus when you use almond oil on your skin, it also helps to reduce skin rashes.
15. Almonds Help to Prevent Stretch Marks: Almond oil helps to prevent stretch marks by feeding the skin and preventing it from tearing. All you have to do is warm the almond oil and apply it to the stretch marks before letting it sit for an hour. You will see a change if you apply this twice a day.
16. Almonds Prevent Grey Hair: Almond oil is quite useful for treating a variety of hair issues, from hair loss to avoid grey hair. You name it, and almond oil can help. Almond oil also aids in the treatment of dandruff and other hair issues. The wonderful thing about almond oil for hair is that it makes your hair smooth and lustrous.
17. Almonds Aid Hair Growth: A lack of magnesium in the body causes hair loss, thus almonds’ high magnesium content helps your hair grow quickly and create strong strands. As a result, almonds aid hair growth.
18. Natural Anaesthetics in Almonds: When it comes to skin sewing, tooth plucking, and other procedures, almond oil can help by acting as an anaesthetic. Almond oil contains a poisonous chemical called glycoside amygdalin, which causes your nerves to become unresponsive, causing you to feel numb. Also, keep in mind that bitter almond oil may only be used as an anaesthetic and not for anything else.
19. Almonds Improve Mental Alertness: Almonds become potassium-rich when blended with milk. This is one of the most important minerals for increasing the number of electrolytes in your body and so giving your body more energy. When your electrolytes are increased, your memory flow improves, which may be achieved by drinking almond milk. Almond milk, to put it simply, improves your memory.
20. Almonds Help to Prevent Birth Defects: Almonds are high in folic acids, which protect the mother from birth abnormalities. Folic acid is essential for the formation of healthy cell growth as well as the life cycle of a developing foetus. Almonds can help safeguard a pregnant woman’s baby from having any type of disease.
So, here are some health benefits of Almonds that you must know about!