The summer season is officially here and if you are falling short on places to visit other than Goa, here is a list of Summer Destinations in India:
1. Gokarna, Karnataka – This is a small temple town on the western coast of India in the Kumta taluk of Uttara Kannada district of the state of Karnataka, India. It is a less commercialized version of Goa and definitely a great idea for a peaceful vacation. It has the famous Om Beach and Kudle beach and the more secluded Half Moon and Paradise beach.
2. Tosh, Himachal Pradesh – Tosh village is in the Himachal Pradesh state of India. It is located at about 2,400 metres in elevation on a mountain slope on the right bank of the Parvati River in the Parvati Valley, surrounded by mountains. A perfect getaway from the scorching heat of the summer to the cool breezes of the valley, this place is for all hill station lovers. A walk by the river, visiting the Manikaran Sahib and a trek to Kheerganga and many more things to do while you visit there. It is one of the best Summer Destinations in India.
3. Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh – Ziro is a town and the district headquarters of the Lower Subansiri district in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. It is included in the Tentative List for UNESCO’s World Heritage Site for the Apatani cultural landscape. A few things to try here is Trekking in Dolo Mando.
Visiting Pine Grove which is an amazing picnic spot and Meghna Cave temple. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is located close to Ziro. The 10 minutes climb up the stairs is completely worth it when you reach the 5000-year-old structure at 3000 feet above sea level. There is also a four-day outdoor music festival of indie, electronic and fusion.
4. Varkala, Kerala– An hour north of Trivandrum, the breezy Varkala beach is a perfect place to unwind and calm your senses. This place is a must-visit for your soul. One of the best places to see in Varkala is Kappil Beach where Kappil Lake meets the Arabian Sea. The lake is right across and is separated by a metaled road. The beach isn’t very large but rocks and palm trees create a little heaven and offers beautiful sights to capture. It is one of the most gorgeous Summer Destinations in India.
5. Daman And Diu – The smallest former Union territories, have rustic beaches, scenic villages and remains from their Portuguese past. Places to visit here are the famous Jallandhar Beach, Diu Fort, Gangeshwar Temple and Somnath Mahadev temple. And for a wilder trip, go long on the booze because alcohol is very pocket effective here, so party without the worry of being broke.
All these pretty and beautiful places to visit would remain so if we are responsible. Just visiting and littering these sites are harmful. So let’s be more cautious and have a happy and clean vacation. Happy Summers to all !!
featured image source : ResearchGate